30 May 2017 (Standalone), Awaiting Approval (Mac App Store)
- Added ability to export the selected CDL or all imported CDLs in the Apply CDL tool (.cdl, .cc, .ccc).
- Fixed a problem with reading ICC profiles. It's much more accurate, but still needs a bit of work.
16 May 2017 (Standalone), Never Released (Mac App Store)
- Added "Canon Log (Not Scaled)" Transfer Function for C100 MK2 and C300 MK1
- Added IO Industries 1D LUT Format
- Added a "Device" class ICC export option
- More accurate 3D LUT Reverse logic
- Improved Batch Export UX
- Fixed a bug where the splash screen's file list would be inaccurate
- Fixed some UI misalignments
17 April 2017 (Standalone), 22 April 2017 (Mac App Store)
- Tweaked Batch Export interface
- Added ability to override LUT Title and Description metadata in the Batch Exporter
- Added ability to "Combine with LUT" in the Batch Export LUTs window
- Fixed a bug when exporting Arri Look File 2 LUTs with long descriptions
9 April 2017 (Standalone), 11 April 2017 (Mac App Store)
- Added Bolex Log and Bolex Wide Gamut RGB
- Added F-Log and F-Log Gamut (Fujifilm)
- Reordered Color Spaces a bit
- Fixed a precision issue with Cineon and REDLogFilm
- Added some initial links to documentation
14 February 2017 (Standalone), 21 February 2017 (Mac App Store)
- Fixed an issue with reading/writing a non-standard eeColor format.
- Added $xIdentity, $rIdentity, $gIdentity, and $bIdentity variables to the expressions tool.
10 February 2017 (Standalone), Never Released (Mac App Store)
- Added support for exporting a 1D LUT as a Lightroom Preset. Please know that Lightroom only supports a maximum of 16 control points on a curve.
6 February 2017 (Standalone), Never Released (Mac App Store)
- Improved Alexa Look approximation
- A handful of bug fixes and performance improvements
25 January 2017 (Standalone), 26 January 2017 (Mac App Store)
- Fixed a bug where sometimes exporting an Approximate CDL would crash Lattice
23 January 2017 (Standalone), Never Released (Mac App Store)
- Added ADX10, ADX16, and ACEScct Transfer Functions
- Added support for ACES 1.0.3
- Improved import of CMX EDL CDLs
- A 1D LUT with equal channels will now describe its type as "1D LUT (Tonemap Only)"
- Improved Quantel LUT read support
- Fixed a bug with Quick Look Preview of LUTs
- Fixed some UI bugs
22 September 2016 (Standalone), 24 September 2016 (Mac App Store)
- Added ACESproxy and ACEScc transfer functions to the colorspace converter
- Renamed ACES Gamut to AP0 (ACES Primaries 0) and added AP1 (ACES Primaries 1) in the Color Space converter
- Fixed a bug with the "Apply CTL" tool in Sierra and apparently El Capitan 10.11.6 and beyond
- Fixed an issue with both 1D and 3D image preview potentially becoming corrupted when previewing EXRs or QuickTime movies
9 September 2016 (Standalone), 12 September 2016 (Mac App Store)
- Full support for macOS Sierra
- Tetrahedral LUT preview support for macOS Sierra, Mavericks, and Yosemite. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Tetrahedral preview is not possible on El Capitan
- Re-enabled previewing up to 65536 sized 1D LUTs without having to downsize to 4096 for macOS Sierra, Mavericks, and Yosemite. Due to unforeseen circumstances, previewing up to 65536 sized 1D LUTs without having to downsize to 4096 is not possible on El Capitan
- Added CanonLog3
- Added REDLog3G10 and REDWideGamutRGB
- Added support for the AJA 1D LUT (.txt) format
- Added support for ACES 1.0.2
- Combining a LUT will always use the original LUT's input bounds in the resultant LUT
- The Lattice splash screen will now always show when there are no LUTs open
- The spinning progress wheel for processing a LUT will now stop when the LUT preview is done processing
- Fixed a bug where the title or description of the LUT wouldn't get saved in some circumstances
1 June 2016 (Standalone), 2 June 2016 (Mac App Store)
- You can now export an "Approximate CDL" in the old-school .cdl format
- Improved the experience of adding new LUT formats to the batch exporter
- Added option in the Batch Exporter to allow exporting to the "Same as Source LUT" directory instead of having to always specify a new directory
- Added "Approximate CDL" format to the Batch Exporter
- Added support for Convergent Design .cdlut format
- Added GoPro ProTune Flat log function and ProTune Native color space
- Added DJI Log (Experimental) function
- Added D93 (Japan) white point
- Allow up to 144 sized (?!?!) CLUT
- Tweaked Flame 3DL options
23 April 2016 (Standalone), 24 April 2016 (Mac App Store)
- Added an experimental 3D LUT reverse feature
- Added BMDFilm 4.6K, Phantom Log 1 and 2 transfer functions
- Added BMDFilm 4K and 4.6K colorspaces - special thanks to Tashi Trieu for deriving these!
- Renamed colorspaces: "DCI-P3" to "P3" and "DCI-XYZ" to "DCDM-X'Y'Z'"
- Removed footlambert compensation from "CIE-XYZ" colorspace
- "Auto-Adjust Scene Minimum" feature will now shift the minimum scene value of the source function to match the destination function by simply adding the difference to the scene linear data. Previously it just scaled source scene values below zero to scale with the destination scene values below zero.
31 January 2016 (Standalone), 3 February 2016 (Mac App Store)
- Fixed some major UI issues for macOS Mavericks. Thanks for everyone's patience!
- Added support for ACES 1.0.1
- Added RED's Log3G12 transfer function.
- Removed Matchlight LUT support by Light Illusion's request.
11 January 2016 (Standalone), 12 January 2016 (Mac App Store)
- Added a utility to determine "best fit" CDL values (Edit->Analyze->"Approximate CDL Values…").
- You can now "Export Approximate" CDL .cc and Arri Look (Version 1) .xml.
- Added the ability to drag and drop CDL or CTL files into a LUT window.
- Added the ability to export an ICC profile for use in software like Photoshop (will not look the same way when opened in Lattice).
- Added Dolby PQ with a peak white point to the Color Space Converter.
- Added a "Invert" feature in the Apply CDL tool.
- Added support for Apple Color and Pandora LUT formats.
- Fixed some issues with dragging in Image Data into the viewport.
- Improved the accuracy of the "identity line" in the Curves view.
1 December 2015 (Standalone), 8 December 2015 (Mac App Store)
- You can now drag and drop opened LUTs to combine them!
- Added support for the Canon CSV LUT format.
- Fixed an issue where CTLs could not import successfully.
15 November 2015 (Standalone), 23 November 2015 (Mac App Store)
- You can now import CDL files into the batch exporter as 3D LUTs. You can use a [ccid] token in the naming schema.
- Added support for Iridas ITX LUT format.
- Added a "Flame" variant for 3DL LUTs.
19 September 2015 (Standalone), 28 September 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Fixed a bug with custom Save/Export options resizing
12 September 2015 (Standalone), 18 September 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Full support for El Capitan!
- Added support for Colorfront 3D LUT (.3dmesh) and 1D LUT (.1dlut).
- The CMS Test Pattern reader now samples the center of each color block.
- Added CanonLog2 transfer function.
- Slightly adjusted CanonLog equation.
- The Save and Export settings panels now efficiently "shrink to fit" based on the amount of available options.
31 July 2015 (Standalone), 5 August 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Swapped Forward and Inverse Dolby PQ HDR functions
- Added support for out-of-spec CDL "ColorCorrection" nodes
4 July 2015 (Standalone), Never Released (Mac App Store)
- Fixed a bug with the Apply CDL tool parsing .cdl files.
- Added an "Invert" option in the Apply Color Matrix window.
1 July 2015 (Standalone), Never Released (Mac App Store)
- Fixed a bug where importing an invalid file in the "Apply CDL" window would hang Lattice.
- Added 33 and 65 LUT sizes for exporting in the 3DL "Legacy" format.
- Slightly adjusted Legal and Extended values.
6 May 2015 (Standalone), 14 May 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Fixed a bug where the keyboard shortcut for "Export Bypassed Preview…" was overriding "Save LUT As…"
6 May 2015 (Standalone), Never Released (Mac App Store)
- Added DPX, JPEG, and PNG support to the preview image exporter.
- Added the ability to export a "bypassed" version of the preview image.
- You can now set a video frame as the default preview image.
- Even more accurate REDcolor and DRAGONcolor color spaces.
24 April 2015 (Standalone), 30 April 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Added a "Combine and Mix with LUT" tool. You can find it under Edit -> Combine -> Combine and Mix with LUT…
- Added an "Apply Expression" tool. You can find it under Edit -> Color -> Apply Expression…
- Added support for reading and writing the "Iridas Look" 3D LUT format.
- Improved the Arri Look XML (Alexa look) reading color science. It's now very accurate to what the camera will produce.
- Exporting a non-33 size Amira Look would result in an invalid file. Saving or Exporting an Amira Look will now always resize the LUT to size 33.
- Fixed a bug where the 3D view reset camera button would sometimes reset the LUT points as well.
13 April 2015 (Standalone), 22 April 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Lots of UI tweaks everywhere
- Fixed a bug where opening an FSI LUT would hang the app.
1 April 2015 (Standalone), 7 April 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Fixed a bug where the Batch LUT Exporter would crash when importing certain kinds of LUTs.
1 April 2015 (Standalone), Never Released (Mac App Store)
- Added a "Batch Export" feature for a supplied list of LUTs. Use Shift-⌘-B or File->Batch Export LUTs… Drag and Drop as many folders and LUTs into the list as you would like.
- Added a "Auto Adjust Scene Minimum" option to the Color Space converter for cameras with different ways of encoding their "Scene Minimum" values.
- Added two video scaling features especially for the eeColor LUT Box.
- Added support for reading and writing the "Panasonic VLT" 3D LUT format.
- "Extended" range is now named "Full" range.
- Fixed a bug where working with DPX preview images could cause crashes in some cases.
14 March 2015 (Standalone), 18 March 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Added a "Batch Export" feature for the LUT currently opened. Use ⌘B or File->Batch Export LUT… Coming Soon: Batch Export for a list of LUTs.
- Added a tool to apply Dolby PQ HDR (ST-2084) forward and Inverse equations. They can be found in Edit->HDR.
- Added a "Reset Camera" button to the Cube View
- Fixed a bug where BMDFilm transfer functions could potentially create out-of-gamut results.
25 February 2015 (Standalone), 2 March 2015 (Mac App Store)
- You can now Isolate the Color of 3D LUTs with "not reversible" 1D components.
- Added a "Make Reversible" feature for 1D LUTs that will go through a 1D LUT and "fix" the issues that make it not reversible. This is the same process that now allows us to isolate the color of a 3D LUT with a "not reversible" 1D component.
- Added a "Compare to Identity" feature that lets you easily compare the current LUT to the identity of the same size and input bounds.
- When you Export or Save As a LUT, the list of available LUT formats is now alphabetized.
- Added a CTL LUT export format for both 3D and 1D LUTs.
- Fixed a problem with Discreet 1D LUTs not reading or writing in the proper format.
- Fixed a bug where the app would crash if you tried to switch the video in the image preview.
- Fixed a bug where occasionally user input in a text field would be ignored.
1 February 2015 (Standalone), 9 February 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Added an "Apply CDL" feature. Either create your own custom CDL correction or use "Browse" to import as many ALE, FLEx, CMX EDL, CC, CCC, and CDL files as you would like to choose from. Lattice will automatically parse all the CDL information and put them in a list for you to select grades from.
- Added an "Apply CTL" feature. You can now apply CTL(s) to a LUT. Drag and drop into the list or click the "+" button to add CTLs, drag and drop to reorder, and click the "-" button to remove the selected CTLs. You can also optionally download the ACES 1.0 distribution and it will be included in the CTL Module search along with a custom specified CTL module folder.
- There is now a "LUT processing" spinning wheel on the top right corner that will let you know if the LUT is being worked on at the moment.
- When a LUT can't be opened an error window now presents some information about why it failed to open.
- Lattice used to improperly handle non-sRGB embedded colorspaces in images. This has been fixed. You can set in the Preferences whether or not to preserve the colorspace of an image when processing and viewing it. This will not affect the processing of the LUT at all.
- Fixed an issue where converting to a 1D LUT in Mavericks resulted in an immediate crash.
- Fixed an issue where a video would continue playing back audio after the LUT window had been closed.
19 January 2015 (Standalone), 26 January 2015 (Mac App Store)
- 1D LUTs now have a maximum display preview size of 65536 (was 1024)
- You can now toggle the LUT Preview by using Shift-Command-T
- Added a convenience tool for clamping a LUT 0 to 1
- Fixed a bug with saving out scene linear processed images
12 January 2015 (Standalone), Skipped (Mac App Store)
- When a LUT is finished exporting Lattice will post a macOS notification that, when clicked, will reveal the exported file in a Finder window.
- (Standalone Only) Lattice will now offer to move itself to the /Applications directory if it is located somewhere else
- Exponentially improved speed of reversing 1D LUTs
- Fixed choppiness for large 1D LUTs in the graph view
- Replaced trilinear interpolation with the more accurate and efficient tetrahedral interpolation
- Added OpenEXR (Scene Linear) Image Preview support (macOS Yosemite and later)
- Added REDcolor4 and DRAGONcolor2 color spaces
- Added Panasonic V-Gamut color space and V-Log transfer function
- Added Canon Cinema Gamut and Canon DCI-P3+ color spaces
- Added new LUT comparison methods
- Added LightIllusion Matchlight 3D LUT (.mlc) format
- Added Lattice (.lattice) LUT format for preserving maximum precision (do NOT use for archival)
17 December 2014 (Standalone), January 5, 2015 (Mac App Store)
- Added Amira Look File (.aml) support
- Added a False Color tool (Edit->Color->Apply False Color)
- Compare LUT now uses Symmetric Mean Absolute Percentage Error (sMAPE)
- Changed "Isolate Color" in toolbar to "Isolate Color (Contrast Referred)"
- Made Output Bounds selectable
- Added name support for FSI v2 LUTs
1 November 2014 (Standalone), 9 November 2014 (Mac App Store)
- Added a 3x3 Color Matrix tool
- Added Blackmagic Cinema Camera and all RED Color Spaces
- Added ProPhoto RGB Color Space
- Added D50 White Point
- Improved Resolve Cube support
- Corrected S-Log2 Equation
- Fixed a decent amount of bugs
9 October 2014 (Standalone), 17 October 2014 (Mac App Store)
- Added FSI DAT v2 support
- Added Resolve Legacy cube variant
- More lenient with potentially dubious CMS Test Pattern LUTs
- Added Transfer Function compatibility checking
- Fixed 3DL compatibility with Autodesk Products
- Fixed bug with Nuke cube variant crashing on load
- Fixed rare Export crash cases
- Minor UI tweaks
17 September 2014 (Standalone), 22 September 2014 (Mac App Store)
- Added Export window
- Added Hald CLUT LUT support
- Reverting changes works as expected now
- Default LUT format for saving/exporting is always the "Cube" format
- Updated "Cube" Resolve Variant for compatibility with Resolve 11
- Fixed a bug where metadata wouldn't copy correctly when copying a LUT
- Fixed a bug with Nucoda CMS writing
- Fixed a bug with Resolve DAT / DAVLUT reading
5 September 2014 (Standalone), 15 September 2014 (Mac App Store)
- Initial standalone release
- FSI 3D LUT (.dat) Support
- DaVinci 3D LUT (.davlut) Support
- Swapped functionality of "Extract Color" with "Extract Color (Contrast Referred)"
- Extract Color (Contrast Referred) now maintains the same input bounds as the origin LUT
- Improved reversing precision for small 1D LUTs
- "Rec. 709" transfer function name is now "BT.1886"
- Rec 709 Luminance Weighting option for "Mix Curves" tool
- Various bug fixes
13 August 2014
- Resolve DAT 3D LUT read/write support
- Arri Look write support (1D tone map only)
- 3D graph doesn't reset the camera unless the LUT drastically changes size or scope
- 3D graph dots are now derived from their source (identity) colors
- Changed current "Isolate Color" tool to "Isolate Color (Contrast Referred)"
- Added a new "Isolate Color" tool where "Isolate Contrast" of the LUT combined with "Isolate Color" of the LUT is equal to the LUT
31 July 2014
- Added a Color Temperature adjustment tool
- Added a CIE-XYZ colorspace that doesn't enforce a white point or gamma space
- Bradford Matrix colorspace conversion support
- Nucoda CMS 3D and 1D LUT support
- "Legacy" variant for Autodesk 3D LUT
- "High Precision" variant for Cube LUT
- Fixed a bug with ILUT and OLUT formatters
- Fixed a bug with 1D LUT video previewing incorrectly.
28 July 2014
- Preview your LUTs on video files in real-time
- Quantel (.txt) LUT support
- DVS Clipster (.xml, .txt) 3D LUT support
- Adobe RGB color space support
- Easily export frames of video with your LUT applied
- Easily set the current preview frame as the default
- Output Bounds are now presented with separate R, G, and B
- R, G, and B can be scaled independently
- Max 3D LUT changed from 64 to 128
- Drag-and-drop onto the preview view and settings panel works with more image file types or dragged directly out of Chrome
- Fixed a bug where the gamma function could accidentally get disabled
- Fixed some bugs when creating a new LUT
- Fixed some crashes on save
14 July 2014
- Added "DCI-XYZ" Color Space.
- "Custom Gamma" transfer function support.
- Fixed a localization bug with decimal places. A period now designates the decimal place in all languages.
- 1D LUTs display image faster.
- Fixed some bugs for tools that involve reversing a 1D LUT
- Improved number parsing for cases where the number includes an exponent (e.g. "1.03e09").
3 July 2014
- DPX Image support for the default image
- Quick Look any compatible 1D or 3D LUT
- Improved UI for Save As window
- Color Space Conversion now allows a custom white point.
- Isolate Color, Mix Curves (3D LUT), and LUT 1D Reverse now have a "proceed anyway" if the LUT curves are not completely reversible
- LUT loading is a little snappier
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't write Image-Based LUTs
- All S-Log transfer functions (S-Log1, S-Log2, S-Log3) support
- BMDFilm / BMDFilm4K transfer function support
26 June 2014